Wednesday, September 5, 2012

S/V Yasmin's first sailing, September 1st, 2012

We went out for a little shake down cruise with almost no wind, but, of course, the breeze arrived and we sailed off toward Rat Island, on Port Townsend Bay.  It was perfect.  Still making adjustments to the rigging, but we'll be at the PT Wooden Boat Festival this weekend. Woo hoo!
 The name "Goblin" didn't really fit this new Alacrity 19, so I had been looking at a few other names, but nothing really stuck, until Yasmin.  I know a feistyYasmin who has travelled the world and loves life, and this name just makes me smile all the way to the center of my being.
Randy, an old sailor and sage and my mate on Yasmin's first sail.  Thanks Randy.

The sun shines right through.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Well done Jeff. It's great to see 'Yasmin' finally sailing! I look forward to reading about the festival. I haven't been out much in Heron this season although Anstruther was good,see the August posts.

Unknown said...

Moldered in the drive for 3 years, 8 full months to get under sail... Dream come true..